Friday 28 February 2014

Drawn From Memory

Hi,

Today's post will be about a sound cloud of "drawn from memory". I can literally not find anything about this guy on the internet except that he's from Aberdeen. I don't even know if it's a he or a them but I'm doing my best and chasing the issue! Sorry for the obscurity but I think you should know abut him!

So his music is HERE

Review:
He writes beautiful acoustic indie and indie-folk melodies. His vocals are gorgeous, grunge-y and emotional but go with the acoustic guitar ballad backing so well. What he's done is made the music sound like it really means something to him, which you really hear through his songs. Sometimes I just don't know is a gentle, melancholy track with an utterly heartbreaking guitar backing and poetic lyrics. Foolish Notions is a more fast tempo track with higher pitched and more melodic and indie-pop vocals. But still a heart wrenching track with relateable lyrics and beautiful chords. It contains a harmonica like a few other tracks. Every time I listen to a track I think "this one's my favourite", but then the next one comes on and I change my mind again. This guy is a wonderful artist so HERE is his music..... really, you need to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment