Wednesday 8 January 2014

iTunes Single of the week review #7

Hi,

So this week's single was "This haze" by Patterns.

Patterns are a 4 piece indie-drone pop band. They have 2 albums out: Dangerous intentions and Walking Lines. I would recommend them if you like "Of monsters and men" or "Kodaline". 


Review:
Patterns have a high pitched singer which I admit is an acquired taste, but can be so gorgeous! I love the intro with the mysterious guitar drone and "wobbly" notes sung! They have a sophisticated electronic sound but definitely indie with elements of pop. The guitar twangs are just so lovely and there is a gorgeous backing keyboard drone. The crashing drums add extra texture that gives depth and makes the song feel fuller and more like a whole piece of music. My only complaint would be that its a bit samey and can get boring listening to it.

Overall I really like this, it has some great depth to it, but its very slightly samey and boring. I would give it 8/10!





No comments:

Post a Comment