Tuesday 3 December 2013

iTunes Single of the week review #4

Hi,

This week the iTunes single of the week is "Love. Regret. Forgive. Forget" by The First.

The First are a 5 piece rock band.


Review:
They get straight into the heavy bassy, confused drum beats that sound like they've been singing all day and we've only just started listening! I like this but I prefer it when there is an intro and we are entered in gently. This is definitely a rock track (which I seem to be having a thing for at the moment!). The singer is good but they are just your average rocky pop band, nothing particularly stands out for me, but saying that I think these guys might be big. Nothing really changes throughout this song, it sounds like they play on a loop and you listen to a bit when you feel like it. The guitarist is talented and there are some electric, wobbly bits which show this off which are good.

Overall I think this song is good, but nothing special, I'll give it 5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment