Saturday 14 December 2013

Top 3 Songs of the week #6

Hi,

This week I've been loving....
Starring Role by Marina and the diamonds
Two Devils by Dog is Dead
Lies by Chvrches

Starring Role is a gentle kind of electro-pop song. I don't normally like this kind of song but I love Marina's voice. There are wind chime sounds every now and again which give the song a kind of spooky, house abandoned with untouched food left at the table feel, which is a nice change from the usual fast poppy beats the rest of the way through. This poppy track suddenly changes to a gentle heart felt ending with this wind chime and alternating keyboard notes which go up and down pitches. This also happens at the beginning. Marina is really talented, this is a great song.

Two Devils is by Dog is Dead... yes I know I've been posting all over about these guys but they really are worth it!! This track starts with a spacey note that sounds like something falling from the sky. Then the moving guitar chords and Robert Milton's vocals start straight away and you know you're in for a good song! The lyrics are amazing here and really mean something to everyone, they have a powerful message different to everyone. I love when it starts to get more gentle and we are left with only guitar and occasional piano chords and the rest of the bands soft "ooooooh"s and Robert Milton's vocals start to get more tired and strained sounding like he's just been crying. There is so much emotion in his voice I just want to cry! Then they end with loud and powerful last two chords, I love this song!

Lies is another electronic song with an indie sounding vocalist. The singer is just so gorgeous, her voice is youthful and makes you want to give her a big hug! I love the lyrics and the story in this song. I love the froggy (can't think of another word to describe it) notes in the verses. I actually really like the addition of the electronic beats in this song, it really does add something good. I don't normally mention the video but the cinematography is worth a look, it's great! I really like the accent of the singer, she is amazingly talented. These guys are worth a listen (and a watch!).


No comments:

Post a Comment