Thursday 5 December 2013

Today I've been listening to..... Mystery Jets

Hi,

Today's post will be about a band called Mystery Jets. Today I've been especially loving their EP "Half in love with Elizabeth". You can buy it from iTunes HERE



Background info:
Mystery Jets are an English indie rock band, formerly based on Eel Pie Island in Twickenham, London. The band was formed by Henry Harrison (lyrics, piano), Blaine Harrison (vocals, guitar and keyboards), William Rees (guitar, vocals) and Kapil Trivedi (drums). The band have 5 albums: Making Dens- 2006, Zootime- 2007, Twenty One- 2008, Serotonin- 2010 and Radlands- 2012.

I bought this EP because Florence + the machine has a version of one of their songs on it, but I loved these guys as well so I have also bought their album Twenty One (which is definitely worth a listen!) Their indie-rock sound and gorgeous acoustic and electric tunes go so perfectly with Harrison's nasal and closed throat sound which I love! "The back door" has classical tunes made up from string section and symbols which sounds great but is indie with the metaly, twangy, clicky sound of the acoustic guitar. "Half in love with Elizabeth" is a great catchy tune that has you up on your feet dancing!! The twangy bass, electronic keyboard sounds and drum beats make it sound a bit ll over the place but in a good way! I love their accent when they sing, you can listen to this song for hours on repeat and not get bored (well I can anyway!). These guys are definitely worth a listen!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment