Saturday 9 November 2013

Top 3 Songs of the week #1

Hi,

So today's post will be my 3 favourite and most listened to songs of the week, I'll do this every Saturday. Click on the song to have a listen.

This week I've been loving:
California daze by Peace
Half in love with Elizabeth by mystery jets
Buzzcut season by Lorde

California daze is from their EP delicious. I love the dulcet guitar riffs and the way the rest of the band harmonize behind the main vocalist with ad lib. I love the lyrics and the distressed sounding way that Harry Koisser sings them. Amzing song, amazing band!

Half in love with Elizabeth is from mystery jet's album Twenty One. I love this up beat track full of light drum beats and electronic keyboard sounds. The lyrics are amazing and I love the way they sing with their Twickenham accent. Love these guys!!

Buzzcut season was iTunes single of the week a few weeks ago so I got it from there. This is a powerful track, she manages to make a memorable song with a limited backing track. This girl is only 17 and still has an amazing range and a beautiful, haunting voice. Expect a review of her new album "Pure Heroine" pretty soon!

So that's it, hope you enjoyed my post! Do you know these artists, let me know your favourite of their songs in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment