Saturday 16 November 2013

Top 3 songs of the week #2

Hi,

My second top 3 songs! Hope you enjoy!!

This week I've been loving:
My boy builds coffins by Florence + the machine
Get Low by dog is dead
Fri-end? by Kate Nash

My boy builds coffins is a beautiful and haunting song with light drum beats and harp strums that make it sound almost Caribbean. The lyrics make you think and aren't obvious what they mean at first listen, you can really tell they have been thought about. Florence has recorded her own voice harmonising and when you get past the first chorus they are added and it sounds really amazing. Florence + the machine was the first music that I properly got into and I just love her so much!

Get Low is a simply constructed track but with a great outcome. The lyrics are so good, I love the first line you hear: "a fear of the dark is a walk in the park when you're wasted". They are so believable, genuine and relatable. I love the waaaahhhh guitar chords after each chorus, they make it sound 90s and electronic, but not so that it is unlistenable. All this makes it a memorable and meaningful song! Dog is dead are probably my favourite band at the moment, love these guys so much!!!

Fri-end? is my favourite song from Kate Nash's album girl talk. Her bass heavy tracks are rocky and most are upbeat . This one is a real girl power rock song. She has a much lighter version of screamo which works really well. This is another album and artist that I am obsessing over at the moment. I love the lyrics, they are simple but effective. This grrrrrrl (Kate Nash fans will get that) is amazing and stands for some really great things. Bit of an idol at the moment!!

So there you go, hope you liked my post!


No comments:

Post a Comment